Visiting Hours and Guidelines
BEAUMONT HOSPITAL PROHIBITS ALL VISITING TO PREVENT SPREAD OF NOROVIRUS
Beaumont Hospital has prohibited visiting at the Hospital and St Joseph’s Hospital Raheny in a continuing effort to prevent the spread of Norovirus in the hospital. This is against the backdrop of an increased incidence of the winter vomiting bug in the community. Visitor exemptions may be granted at ward level in exceptional circumstances only.
The Hospital is urging members of the public who are symptomatic of Norovirus to seek advice from their local GP before presenting to Beaumont Hospital Emergency Department.
Key symptoms of Norovirus are:
The Hospital has cautioned against the risks of Norovirus to patients generally, and those with serious underlying medical conditions in particular.
Beaumont Hospital is appealing to the public for their continued cooperation in observing these restrictions for the common good
- Smoking and alcohol are prohibited on Hospital grounds.
- Do not bring in food / beverages for patients without prior consultation. Do not store food in or on lockers unless the food is in airtight containers.
- Please wash your hands, and use the hand gels before and after contact with a patient.
- Do not bring in flowers unless the Clinical Nurse Manager / Nurse in charge of the ward has granted permission.
- Mobile Phones may be used only where signage dictates. The use of mobile phones can cause life support and diagnostic equipment to malfunction.
- Photographs / videos may not be taken in the Hospital without permission of the CEO Office. This includes photographs or videos taken with camera phones.
Please keep to these guidelines to help to ensure the safety and welfare of our patients.