Visiting Hours and Guidelines
We created these guidelines because we know that visits from friends and family are important to our patients and, at the same time, our patients need ample time to heal and rest.
Please help us maintain the welfare of our patients – your family members and loved ones.
Our standard visiting hours are 3pm to 4pm and 6pm to 8pm, Monday to Sunday, including Bank Holidays.
There will be circumstances where flexibility will be required and this has been borne in mind. The Clinical Nurse Manager or their deputy may at their discretion issue a visitor’s pass where patient needs dictate.
- Special arrangements will continue in the General Intensive Therapy Unit, Richmond Intensive Care Unit, St. Raphael’s Children's Ward, Emergency Department, and St. Michael’s Ward.
- Further restrictions may be imposed during an emergency or urgent situation, such as an infection outbreak.
- Children under 12 should not visit unless express permission has been obtained from the Clinical Nurse Manager or Nurse in charge of the ward.
- Each patient may have no more than two visitors at a time.
- Visitors should say no longer than 20 minutes at a time.
- Smoking and alcohol are prohibited on Hospital grounds.
- Do not bring in food / beverages for patients without prior consultation. Do not store food in or on lockers unless the food is in airtight containers.
- Please wash your hands, and use the hand gels before and after contact with a patient.
- Do not bring in flowers unless the Clinical Nurse Manager / Nurse in charge of the ward has granted permission.
- Mobile Phones may be used only where signage dictates. The use of mobile phones can cause life support and diagnostic equipment to malfunction.
- Photographs / videos may not be taken in the Hospital without permission of the CEO Office. This includes photographs or videos taken with camera phones.
Please keep to these guidelines to help to ensure the safety and welfare of our patients.