All research undertaken in Beaumont Hospital undergoes an ethical review from the relevant research ethics committee. Beaumont Hospital Ethics (Medical Research) Committee has a specific website that guides applicants and researchers through the process of making an application to this particular committee. In addition, this site contains a list of Hospital consultants with an interest in clinical research and a selection of research projects ongoing in Beaumont. The site is a useful gateway site for novice and experienced researchers and contains links to both the Cancer Clinical Trials Unit and the Clinical Research Centre.
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Targeted Detection Programme
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- Ethics (Medical Research Committee)
- Ireland's First Brain Bio-Banking Network
- Geriatric Medicine
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Non-Invasive Vascular Unit
- Nursing Research Access Committee
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Social Work
- Surgery Department
- Translational Research on MRSA and Healthcare-Associated Infection
Impact on Patient Care
Beaumont Hospital and the Health Research Board (HRB) have produced a set of posters and accompanying leaflets that outline some of the ways health research affects patient care.