Your Stay in Our Wards
After you are admitted, you will be brought to a ward or clinic. This page describes what you can expect from your stay in the wards, where your core healthcare team will provide you with the best quality care.
Upon arrival in a ward, a nurse will help to settle you in and a doctor will work with you to complete your medical history. You will also receive an information leaflet that contains information about your care in your specific ward. You should feel comfortable asking your doctor or nurse about your condition.
During your stay, your core healthcare team may consist of:
- The nurse on duty, who provides you with your nursing care, and the healthcare assistants who support the nurses.
- The nursing manager, who is responsible for ward management and clinical management of care.
- Allied health professionals – physiotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, speech therapists, dietitians, and pharmacisits - who provide you with their specialist service as necessary.
- Your consultant, the doctor responsible for your treatment while you are in the hospital. Your consultant will supervise your treatment and determine when you are ready for discharge.
- Your medical team, who treat you under the supervision of the consultant.
Laboratory, radiology, and pharmacy staff may also support your care during your stay.